Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pete Gets Angry

 
Pete is my 6 year old grandson. My son John told me this story:   John ran over Pete’s bicycle while backing out of the driveway. When Pete found out later he was upset and confronted John. He wanted John to repair the bicycle. John said he probably could not repair it. This was too much for Pete. He called John  “fat” and “ hoboish? “  (John is heavy and has a job that gets dirty). Pete then said to John “I am very disappointed in you.” John felt the outburst required  some action so he sent Pete to his room. Later John went up to Pete’s room to discuss the matter. Pete, lying on his bed, wordlessly pointed to a paper he had taped to the wall that said “sorry” in childish script. They had a discussion and peace was made.  Pete is a great kid, well mannered and very smart for his age. He reads very well and gets along well with others. I repaired his bike.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: